VetPartners, rapidly growing group of over 30 veterinary clinics and hospitals all over Italy part of an international family of over 600 practices all around Europe , with a central support team based in Bologna, to support the family of VetPartners clinics in Italy, is currently looking for an IT Service Manager to guide the implementation of the Italian ICT infrastructure, projects and services.
This role will be based in Bologna with a hybrid smart working policy in place.
This role will carry out her/his activities within information systems having a key role in the analysis and improvement of company IT processes to make them as functional and innovative as possible, ensuring that the company can set up and operate all ICT structures and services it needs.
This role will be the key IT role in Italy, reporting to the Italian management team, continuously interacting with other central teams, clinic leaders, with the Group ICT team (in the UK) and third party services.
- Manage the IT / Web / Cloud structure of the company and in particular:
- supervise the systems and infrastructures under its responsibility, subjecting them to periodic updates and tests;
- verify the operational efficiency of the ICT processes of the entire company;
- manage any technical problems related to the ICT infrastructure and provide technical-functional support to users;
- ensure that all ICT software, solutions and services are properly subject to security measures;
- determine what improvements can be made to the systems;
- check that ICT systems and infrastructures comply with the rules and standards imposed by the Group’s ICT;
- draw up and update the necessary technical documentation and manuals.
- Ensure the correct functioning and evolution of the company’s hardware equipment (laptop and mobile)
- Participate, initially alongside and progressively independently, in digital transformation projects and renewal of IT solutions (both for the Italian team and for the Group’s IT solutions) possibly coordinating internal and external resources.
- Conduct functional analysis activities to draft specific implementation techniques, unit and integration tests, provide support and training to users and key users during the solutions deployment phase.
- Act as Data Protection Officer for Italy and take care of GDPR compliance implications
- Degree in computer science and/or economics
- Previous experience of at least 2/3 years in the role
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft365 platforms (in particular for the components of Microsoft Exchange online, PowerAutomate, Power Bi, Sharepoint, etc. ..)
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of the operating logic of ERP systems (preferably Navision)
- Good knowledge of the functioning of the main ICT infrastructures and networking and security systems;
- Knowledge of the functioning of relational and non-relational databases;
- Minimum experience in Project Management, knowledge of project management methodologies and in the analysis and mapping of business processes.
- Minimum experience in data protection and GDPR compliance
- Fluent English
- Empathy, attention to the person, excellent relational skills at all levels